"Largs Doctors Website"

About: NHS Ayrshire & Arran

I still think the Largs Practice website is still very poor in my opinion - in my view it offers nothing even after a year of saying things were going to improve.

Response from Craig White, Assistant Director, Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Fm1

Many thanks for using Patient Opinion to provide feedback on this issue. I don't think that there is guidance for GP practices on this and/or a requirement for minimum standards to be adhered to in relation to GP practice website.

I could be wrong, so will make enquiries with our Primary Care Directorate and be back in touch with their response. It is possible that you have picked up on an area where GP colleagues would welcome further feedback and improvement suggestions - I will let you know.

Best wishes

Craig White

Assistant Director, Nurse Directorate

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran We are preparing to make a change

Dear Fm1

Apologies for the delay in posting an update.

I have spoken with a colleague in Primary Care and they have confirmed that there is no contractual obligation for a Practice to have a website, it is entirely their decision, although there are quite a number who have them and quite often they use companies where there is a template so the site content can be generic in nature.

I note that there are two sites coming up in Google for the 'The Practice' in Largs. One has literally no information and is found at: https://www.mysurgerywebsite.co.uk/contact1.aspx?p=S80857, the other site is very informative and is found at: http://www.largsmedicalgroup.com/the-practice/. I wonder if it is the first site you visited?

Please do let me know, Fm1. I will be contacting the surgery and suggesting they remove the first listing as I am sure you will not have been the only patient to have found this.

My contact details are 01292 513607 or kate.macdonald@aapct.nhs.scot.uk

I hope you have had a nice Christmas and Happy New Year when it comes!

Kate Macdonald