"Great outpatient experience"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / General surgery

Following surgery for a hernia re-repair I was re-referred by my GP to Easton Ward Surgical Outpatients Dept for assessment as a swelling was present at the wound site. I would like to give thanks to all staff, but in particular the Doctor and Registrar on shift the morning of my treatment, for the kind, professional and efficient care I received during my visit. I was re-assured, given an appointment for ultra-sound scan [albeit the following day].

Further support was then arranged for my full blood counts to be taken but, as I am in re-mission from cancer and due to see my Oncologist the following week, I was anxious that my blood results would not arrive to him on time.

This all ended a as a positive experience for myself and my concerned partner at a stressful time. We felt valued, listened to and cared for. Our thanks to everyone.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent experience. We are pleased to hear to that our staff were able to re-assure you and that both you and your partner came away with a postive experience.

We would like to thank you for telling us about your care on Easton Ward and letting us know that the team were kind, professional and efficient. We will pass on your message to the ward sister.