"Kirkstone Ward Highlight"

About: West Cumberland Hospital

I attended Kirkstone Ward for a knee operation on Tuesday 12th November, I didn't expect the reception I got, unbelievable, total professionalism, as you would expect but with a fabulously friendly air. I was seen to without any wait and my operation went ahead on time and was very successful. The after care was fantastic, my partner was allowed to see me straight away and remain with me until I was discharged some time later. We were looked after by a Staff Nurse and his staff, you could not wish to meet anyone friendlier or more obliging, if it was a hotel I would have been happy to pay for service like that. I felt like I had had an experience to remember, I would recommend using this hospital to anyone who had to go in, even though it is a long way from where I live I would happily travel there again. Many thanks guys for a great time!

Response from West Cumberland Hospital

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to tell us about the experience you had at West Cumberland Hospital. We are pleased that the staff were professional, caring and went the extra mile to ensure that you were comfortable and that your partner was able to see you shortly after the operation. We hope your knee has improved.