"The Bobby Moore Unit and associated departments"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

In June of this year I had a mastectomy and immediate reconstruction at Stepping Hill Hospital where I received the very best of medical care from the senior consultant surgeon and staff based in the Bobby Moore Unit. From the beginning of my journey to the present day, I have been treated with respect, empathy, consideration and lots of smiles by everyone I have had contact with. My treatment plan was fully discussed with me from the start and I felt very involved in all the decisions that were reached; when I have needed to talk through my concerns, the time has been made to listen and reassure me and I know that help is always available at the weekly drop-in clinics or over the phone. My in-patient experience was on Jasmine Ward where the overriding aim of all the staff is to keep patients comfortable and pain free, which in my case worked exceedingly well. I have also attended a number of other departments during the course of my treatment and without exception my appointments have all been on time and I have been looked after with great courtesy and professionalism. I feel extremely fortunate to have benefited from the skills and care of the very special people who work at Stepping Hill Hospital, in my opinion they are simply the best.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for posting these postive comments I will share them with the relevant teams

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager