"Referal Witing times"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I extremely think that the Gastrointestinal and Liver services, Average time from referral by GP to treatment for this department needs to be changed from 2 weeks; I was referred in October and have been told I have to wait until the end of January to see a Consultant Gastroenterologist. whilst in the mean time I have to put up with whichever condition I may have, whilst trying not to worry that it could be something serious and life threatening when I am a very young age (20s).

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate that sometimes we are unable to provide appointments as soon as our patients would wish. If you would like to forward your name, address, date of birth and contact telephone number to the following email addres: corporate.affairs@chsft.nhs.uk, we will ask the Gastroenterology Department to contact you should a slot become available at short notice due to a cancellation. Also, if you feel your symptoms have worsened, please do contact your GP who can request the appointment be brought forward if they feel this is appropriate.