"Rock Bottom due to Cuts!."

About: Newark Hospital

My son visited casualty at Newark hospital after badly spraining his ankle. We feared initially it may have been fractured. The waiting time was very good, being a Sunday morning and after a short time the sprain was confirmed. The nurse then said, you are ok to leave - we no longer use "tubigrip". Thinking this was a change in care policy my son said, ok should I not support the ankle. To our amazement he was told to put on his own tubigrip at home, thus saving the hospital, I imagine around 20p! It's one thing having cuts, but this is ridiculous. If the ratio of staff were more carefully considered and everyone kept busy, I'm sure the trust could stretch to providing a bandage. I will be sure to take our own plasters, bandages and paracetamols should a future visit be necessary.

Response from Newark Hospital

I write to acknowledge receipt of your comment on the NHS Choices Webiste. Thank you for your feed back. I can confirm that I have passed your comment to the Hospital Manager. In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Sesrvices Department at Newark Hospital. Telephone: 01636 - 685692 (direct line) or E-mail: pals.nwk@sfh-tr.nhs.uk.