"Comments Regarding Staff and Treatment on Ward 4"

About: Wansbeck Hospital

i recently visited ward 4 due to gall bladder problems which required surgery.I found the staff to be friendly,polite and very professional at all times.There were a couple of problem patients on the ward and one actually assaulted a female doctor however the nurses and doctors maintained their professionalism and respect and dealt with the problem patients very well.They are a credit to their profession and i could not thank them enough for the care i received.

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Stephen I am so pleased to hear about your experience of care at Wansbeck Hospital. Your description of a team who are "a credit to their profession" made me feel very proud of them all. We want all our patients to be welcomed onto our wards by kind and compassionate staff. This is perhaps particularly true for those people who may find it difficult to express all they need from us. I’m delighted that you witnessed our care being delivered in a thoughtful and respectful manner and especially pleased to know just how much this meant to you personally. Thank you for taking the time to share your story - it will mean such a lot to the team on ward 4. Best Wishes Annie

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Stephen

We want all our patients to be welcomed onto our wards by kind and compassionate staff. This is perhaps particularly true for those people who may find it difficult to express all they need from us. I'm delighted that you witnessed our care being delivered in a thoughtful and respectful manner and especially pleased to know just how much this meant to you personally.

Best Wishes