"Cryotherapy"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

Travelled up to Sunderland from lancashire for cryotherapy for prostate cancer as it is not available anywhere else. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant and the hospital clean and food good. I had every confidence in the Consultant. He came to see me before and after and was pleased that everything had gone well. It is too soon to say if it has been a success as yet and currently I still have a catheter in . Will report further later. The only down side was lights left on over night in ward hindered sleep and was disappointed with the appointment and admin side of things. Had to ring many times to find out what was happening and still even now never received any pre op info or info telling me what would be happening or what to bring. Every time I rand I was passed all around the hospital before getting to speak to anyone who could help.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to note your positive comments regarding our staff, cleanliness of the hospital and our food. Thank you also for your helpful feedback regarding lighting on the ward at night and also the unsatisfactory experience you encountered with regard to the arrangements for your appointment. This must have been very frustrating for you and we will ensure your comments are shared with the Urology Team so they can take positive steps to improve this aspect of their service.