"Sent home from A&E with a life threatning Blood..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I waited for nearly seven hours to be told that the pain in my leg was a stretched muscle and was sent home, despite my leg being twice the size as my other, this turned out to be a DVT. Same symptoms so I once again went to A&E waited hours once again sent home even when they knew my previous history of DVT's. I was told it wasn't a DVT because my leg wasn't hot enough. It was blue and twice the size of the other. The next day I rang the Medical day unit to ask if I could have a scan, they did one and guess what........another dvt. If I had trusted the Lincoln hospital and gone home and took paracetomol I might not be here now to see my children grow up........

I was very sorry to read about your recent A&E visit and I can understand your anger and concern. Please could you contact me directly with some further details at: jennie.negus@ulh.nhs.uk so that I can look into this further?

Response from Lincoln County Hospital