"Fantastic Sister in Busy ESH A&E"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

I feel like a secret shopper in the a&e dept as due to a severe chronic condition, I visit quite regularly.

You have amazing drs like Dr Inigo & Dr Mario who are great. Also wonderful sisters such as sister pat, sister sue, sister steph and all the other amazing sisters.

However I need a special mention to sister Helen Wright. On my last visit she sorted me out with such care, compassion & such kindness. It was a busy night for the dept (as ever) and she was going on her break but she sat with me, held me and let me cry on her shoulder - during her valuable break time. She will never know what that hug meant to me.

She's amazing (as well as the others) and I'd love to return to nursing so I could be like her.

Response from Bethan Borrett, Digital Communications Manager, Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear 'JoJo Totty'

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experiences of our ED. It is always good to hear about staff members who go out of their way to help patients and I will make sure that your comments are passed onto the team.

Kind Regards,