"First class care for hip surgery"

About: Wrightington Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

After having a revision hip I was in Wrightington for 8 days on antibiotics. I was a patient on ward 5 and the care was superb.

Staff were friendly, informative and did their best for me, even ringing round to get swab results early on my discharge day when very busy.

I am now recovered and soon will attend with some goodies (coffee as promised) for the girls after my clinic appointment.

Thank you Wrightington for your team of drs, nurses, physios and cleaners. Sir John Charnley will be proud.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay on Ward 5 at Wrightington. It is pleasing to note that your total package of care in all areas was a most positive experience. I will ensure that these are shared with the staff.

I am sure the staff will look forward to your 'goodies' following your clinic appointment, and would take this opportunity to extend our best wishes for your continued recovery.