"happy patient busy ward"

About: Wrightington Hospital

had my hip replacement done and was dubious to stay on ward 5 after reading recent reviews. I can not say a bad word about the staff they never stop and always have a smile on their face. It is a very busy ward and the aim is to get you home as soon as able, but thats what we all want right? food was good, surgeons thorough, physios tough. highly reccomended would be happy to return, would like enhanced recovery to be explained more next time

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

We were very pleased to learn that your recent stay on Ward 5 at Wrightington exceeded your expectations following reading previous reviews. The staff will appreciate that you have taken the time to let them know this and I will ensure that they are told of your posting to share in your kind comments.

I note your comment regarding enhanced recovery inforamtion and will also ask that this is shared appropriately so it can be reflected upon for more effective communication for future patients.