"Poorly since 1998"

About: Scarborough General Hospital

Since 1998 I have been a patient of Scarborough Hospital and when I am home SGH is the only one I will attend. I have had over 25 admissions some coming in on red, others sent in either by a Doctor or by a Consultant. We often hear bad reports about SGH but I think and know that except for a few staff this hospital is amazing. I have been well cared for and as I know many of the staff now we have a load of banter which makes my attendances more memorable. My friends at home say they should name a ward after me as I have been in so many times. My last stay in August I was on Maple Ward, very very pleasant and I knew some of the staff. Both theatre staff, phlebotomists, and my Consultant absolutely brilliant. I have been admitted to other hospitals when I had been on holiday but nobody can beat Scarborough. Keep up the good work. By the way I don't want to come in again, but if I have to I won't be worried.

Response from Scarborough General Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visits to us have been very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.