"Paramedics are superheros in disguise "

About: Scottish Ambulance Service

I would like to thank the paramedics who constantly attend to me when I need it. I suffer from both Brittle (severe) asthma and Anaphylaxis (severe allergies) and have had to unfortunately call around 250-300 ambulances in the past 4 years. The staff are always amazing in dealing with me.

A lot of people treat all patients with asthma the same and they don't think about the fact that not everyone suffers the same symptoms and some patients need hospital when others wouldn't. The ambulance staff have always treated me as a person with a condition rather than a condition or a number. They always ask me about whether I feel I need to go to the hospital rather than just assuming that I do or I don't. As I have been through it a lot they trust my instinct and believe me if I say I do need the hospital.

Those amazing paramedics have helped saved my life on numerous occasions and I will be forever grateful.

Response from Daniel Quee, Communications Assistant, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear onemorestep2,

Many thanks for your kind feedback - it is very much appreciated by our colleagues when patients let us know about the service they have received.

We're constantly aiming to ensure that the Scottish Ambulance Service is putting the patient at the heart of everything we do, and it's great to hear that it's that kind of service that you've experienced over the last four years.

I will of course pass on your story to Paul, our South East General Manager, who I'm sure will be very pleased to pass it on to the relevant staff.

Again, many thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,