"i have nothing but admiration ..."

About: South Tyneside District Hospital

i have nothing but admiration for the staff .i was admitted recently to ward 3,the excellent staff on that ward made my family very welcome and kept them informed at all times during my operation and after care.the only downfall was the very long wait in A and E before my admittance,however i understand the extreme pressure the A and E staff were under.the hospital is very clean and my family inform the restaurant is second to none for the choice available and the delicious meals served in there.

to reduce the lengthy wait in casualty and urgent care department.having been in great pain i was waiting for over 5 hrs before being admitted and it was 3 and half hours before i saw a doctor.

Response from South Tyneside District Hospital

Dear Jonjo

Thank you for your kind comments I will ensure that they are passed on to Ward 3 and the domestic and catering teams. I have asked Lee Whitfield, Assistant Divisional Manager, Emergency Care to look into the points you have raised. We do usually achieve very good waiting times for emergencies and I am disappointed to hear of your experience. Mr Whitfield will make sure that he and the team review current practices to cut out any unnecessary waiting and I am grateful to you for this important feedback.

Lorraine B Lambert