"Gynaecology fobbed me off."

About: New Cross Hospital

I was referred to emergency gynaecology following pain in early pregnancy. On day one my notes were lost twice, resulting in a six hour overall wait for blood tests and a scan. The ultrasound technician was downright rude. He told me there were "no signs of pregnancy" then told me to go to reception. My blood results weren't available so I was sent home - now explanation, no advice, nothing. I returned 48 hours later because I was miscarrying. Again, my notes had been misplaced. I wasn't offered pain relief or advice, simply told to ring up for my blood test results at 4pm. It made an awful situation so much worse for me. I'm paying to see a private specialist.

Response from New Cross Hospital

I was sorry to read your comments relating to the experience you received in our Gynaecolology department. To enable me to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 to discuss this further. Kindest regards Jamie Emery Patient Experience Lead

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Kindest regards