"Brilliant treatment at New Hall"

I had a minor operation as a day-patient, under local anaesthetic recently at New Hall. I can't fault the hospital: they have been absolutely brilliant from my first outpatient appointment to see the excellent surgeon, through the pre-op checks and - especially - on the day of the operation itself. All the staff were friendly and very efficient, from the receptionist and cleaners through to the medical staff in the operating theatre. I was very impressed by the trouble they all took to make sure I understood my instructions for the after-care at home, including a brilliant physio who showed me how to use crutches correctly (which I don't remember ever happening when I have had crutches from the NHS before.) The staff in the operating theatre were so chatty and friendly, and gave the local anaesthetic so effectively, that I honestly didn't realise the op had properly started when the surgeon told me he had finished. They were brilliant at making conversation and distracting me, as well as being very, very skilled at their jobs. The facilities are also very impressive and absolutely spotless - comfortable single room to wait in, and own bathroom: I barely wanted to come home! There's also enough car parking, for a change. However, it is the exceptional staff who really earned this hospital a 5* award: I'd give them more if I could! Only minor 'niggle' was that the outdoor signage off the main road and within the hospital site is very poor, with tiny writing that it's impossible to see from a car - but I've already had a letter (in response to my making this comment on their survey) to tell me that the signage is being changed in the next couple of weeks. I have never had a personalised response to any satisfaction survey I've ever completed before, so, again, I am extremely impressed.

Response from New Hall NHS Treatment Centre

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback. We are glad to hear that you have already been responded to personally, however may we just state again how important feedback is to us and even as you call it a "minor niggle" is worth mentioning! It appears that it is our people that made you feel safe, in good hands and at ease - which shows our philosphy "people caring for peolpe" is being practised and acknowledged by our patients!