"Misdirection and lies"

About: Kettering General Hospital

I went to this hospital this week and was given wrong directions by a receptionist causing me to be late for my appointment. I was sent to the maternity building instead of the correct place, which eventually happened to be adjacent to the outpatients department. From the maternity wing I was sent to another reception which showed me the way. Because of my wild goose I was late and the doctor refused to see me. The doctor told me she would put me on a short list to have another appointment sooner. This was a lie. Two letters came in the post yesterday. One saying I did not attend the appointment, a lie, and a second telling me I have to wait 4 months for my next appointment.

Response from Kettering General Hospital

We sincerely apologise for any misunderstanding that took place in your direction to the Chronic Pain Management Department. This unfortunately impacted on your arrival time into the department leading to a rescheduling of your clinic appointment to an alternative date. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.