"Really helpful and made me feel like I can do things that I didn't think I could"

About: Inclusion Matters Sefton

Inclusion Matters really helped me, it made me feel comfortable and increased my confidence in social situations. Without seeking help from Inclusion Matters I don't think I would be able to do things I can do now, the therapist was really helpful and made me feel like I can do things that I didn't think I could.

Talking about how I felt in social situations really helped me, as the therapist was able to give me helpful advice on how to deal with these thoughts. What I thought was extremely beneficial for me was exposing me to certain situations, this decreased my anxiety over time.

I am extremely grateful for how Inclusion Matters helped me. Thank you.

Response from Elizabeth Forrest, CBT Therapist, Inclusion Matters

Dear 'Impact349',

Many thanks for taking the time to share your story about IM Sefton on Patient Opinion.

I'm so pleased that you found treatment beneficial. We see a lot of people with social concerns and I know that engaging in treatment takes a lot of courage so well done to you! I hope that your words will inspire others to tackle their fears.

Make sure you keep applying the skills you have learnt!

Best wishes,