"Parking fine."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

I visited A&E on the 29th of October 2013 with my 15yr old son and parked in the A&E car parks outside the A&E doors which I have always thought to be free so patients can get into the hospital as quick as possible, however I have received a £70 fine today as I hadn't paid for a parking ticket, I was wondering if you could let me know when these changes occurred and when patients were informed. Thank you Tracey Smith.

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Tracey Thanks for this note. I’m sorry that you were unaware of the changes and that this has resulted in a penalty charge. The new parking system was introduced to our 3 general hospital sites on the 7th May this year. Information for patients has included new signage at each site, information on our website as well as information sent out with appointments and in the local press. I would really like to see if I can help. Please contact me at Joanne.mackintosh@northumbria-healthcare.nhs.uk Best Wishes Jo

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Tracey,

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,