"Patient and relative feedback"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary

Within the last 6 months my mother has spent about 4 months in hospital, one such time was for a period of 3.5 months. within that time the care and treatment she received was second to none, the staff communicated with each other and with ourselves to get us through what turned into a life threatening situation due to my mothers health issues. Throughout the teams involved from the consultants to the domestic workers always took time to listen and talk to us explain what was happening. On discharge it was arranged wel Unfortunately complications had my mum go back in again in a short space of time and we received the same level of support from a different team of doctors and nurses. I don't think we are isolated in our experience or have low expectations, I work in social care management services as does my sibling and we expect things done a certain way. So that they have managed to provide excellent services to our mother on 3 separate occasions and I felt it was worth sharing. I don't doubt people have bad experiences but even if we paid for it we couldn't have had better.

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices website regarding your Mother's care in the General Surgery Department at the MRI. It was very kind of you to take the time to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. It was reassuring to hear that you thought all the staff communicated well not only with each other but with you and your family and kept you informed of your mother's progress at all times. This is precisely the standard we would expect to strive for at all times. I can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Department and the staff involved. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on the Patient Opinion website regarding your Mother's care in the General Surgery Department at the MRI. It was very kind of you to take the time to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. It was reassuring to hear that you thought all the staff communicated well not only with each other but with you and your family and kept you informed of your mother's progress at all times. This is precisely the standard we would expect to strive for at all times. I can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Department and the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team