"Service at rampton hospital; difficulties with TVs "

About: Rampton Hospital

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Posted on behalf of patients:

The television service had been down for a while and I was very upset, but my television has been fixed for some time now. I have found that it was sorted out very quickly although lots of other patients took some time and theirs are still down.

My telly keeps breaking and it takes a long time for them to come and mend it, it is the telly in my bedroom.

Tnank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the TV service at Rampton.

I'm sorry you have had to wait such a long time for repairs as I know how important this is to many patients. I will make sure that I pass this posting onto the staff who are responsible for the service at the hospital and get back to you with a fuller response.

Best Wishes

Response from Head of Security Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Rampton Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback about the Distributed Television system (DTV) at Rampton Hospital. The DTV system has undergone significant developments over the past few months and we have more changes to make in the future.

The Women's Services wards at Rampton need to be equipped with new DTV shrouds that will enable the hospital to provide an upgrade to the current Philips television set. We are working hard with our suppliers to get this shroud in the next few weeks.

The Philips sets are at times prone to needing rebooting and it is for this reason that we are in the process of replacing them with the more reliable LG model sets.

We work closely with our colleagues in our Information Technology service to ensure that DTVs that are not working are fixed as soon as possible.

The DTV system has been changed from the old Care Servant system by Philips to an Exterity Systems platform and this enables a greater range of programme content, including video-on-demand (VoD)to be shown.

The VoD will enable the Hospital to provide patient information directly to patients in the comfort of their owns rooms. At the moment we have:

DTV Action Plan 23/10/2013

DTV - David Wilson Unit Upgrade

DTV - Sports and Movies

Mail Order Catalogues

Telephone Calls

We intend to increase this content over the coming weeks.

Best Wishes