"Excellent service in medical day care and phoenix..."

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

The level of service I have received by all the staff in the medical day care centre and the Phoenix unit was excellent. During a very stressful time having been recently diagnosed with MS, I felt that all the staff I came into contact with were professional while maintaining a personal and sympathetic approach. The treatment and the options available to me were explained well in an understandable way. Of particular note the MS specialist who has been dealing with my diagnosis and treatment has been amazing. From the initial meeting with her, she has been sympathetic, supportive and I feel has been the driving force in me receiving the best treatment available. The MS specialist is an absolute asset to the department and I could not thank her enough for her help and support. If only there were more staff like her and those in the Phoenix unit employed within the NHS.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding the care you have received in the Phoenix Unit and the Medical Day Care Centre. We have passed on your comments to the staff in the unit who will be delighted to know that their efforts have been worthwhile and appreciated. Thank you once again.