"I was asked to attend the North ..."

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

I was asked to attend the North Tyneside General Hospital for an operation. On arrival at ward 20 I was allocated a nurse who filled in the appropriate forms of admission, then helped me to undress and put on a theatre gown.

The consultant came and explained about the operation, the anaesthetist - what to expect. In fact the whole team from the domestic to the theatre team were absolutely wonderful.

I would like if possible for you to pass on my thanks to all concerned, it is so nice to see people tending to their work in such a caring manner.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the lateness of this reply; technical problems have removed any means of replying until now.

Dear Ms Carr

Thank you for informing the Trust of your recent admission. I was very pleased to learn that you had a very positive experience and that you found all the staff carried out their work in a caring manner. It is very reassuring for the staff to know they are doing a good job particularly in the current climate when there is so much bad press from the media . I will pass on your kind comments to the sister and staff of ward 20.

Ann Carlisle