"Disgusted by the apparent lack of care. "

About: University Hospital Of North Durham / Accident and emergency

My mother in law was left on a trolley in the corridor of A&E for over four hours. She was put on do not resuscitate on admission without the consent of patient or family. I found some of the staff in A&E very disrespectful of my mother in law telling her to stand up straight when she couldn't. When I the told nurse she was being abrupt with her, she said let us do our job. I'm totally disgusted by the apparent lack of care.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your mother-in-law’s recent visit to the Emergency Department at University Hospital of North Durham. I would like to relay our sincere apologies to both your mother-in-law and you and we would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you either by telephone or face to face with a member of staff. Please can you contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 783 5774 or if you prefer, you can contact us by email and our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk. Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: Patient Experience Team Darlington Memorial Hospital Hollyhurst Road Darlington County Durham DL3 6HX If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774