"Depressing environment"

My son was admitted to Trinity 2 as there were no beds available in Halifax. I visited him on a Saturday and was not impressed with the staff who were on duty. The place stank and the staff who I met were certainly not welcoming. I was shown into an interview room after declining an offer to see my son in the residents lounge. I had brought my son a change of clothes and some toiletries with the hope he would feel better and as we were leaving the member of staff instructed someone to search his bags. I think it would have been more respectful to have done that after I had left. I did find the whole thing distressing. My son said the food was awful and my partner was going to get him a MacDonalds but was told by a member of staff that it wasn't allowed. The experience anyone would receive there would be soul destroying and I pity anyone who has no one from the outside to visit them. The place was more like a prison than a hospital.

Response from Customer Services Manager, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please make contact with our customer services team on 0800 587 2108

Many thanks

Response from Fieldhead Hospital

We are sorry to read that your experience of our services was not a positive one and do recognise that visiting loved ones when they are ill in hospital can be distressing. We really value feedback and would welcome the opportunity to look into the issues you raise and to discuss this with you. Please contact our customer services team via the Trust website http://www.southwestyorkshire.nhs.uk/about-us/contact-us/how-to-reach-us/ or email customer.servicesswyt@nhs.net .