"Reassured and relaxed"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I had a total knee replacement as I suffer from osteoarthritis. The facilities and patient care were good and staff made me feel reassured and relaxed.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive comments I have shared them with the relevant team.

Update posted by Luckygem (the patient)

This was my first posting to the site and some of my original story did not appear as I wanted so I will fill in some more detail.

I was admitted to D5 where the staff prepared me for surgery in a welcoming and relaxing manner, Post-op I went to D2 where I was treated superbly well by all the staff on there.

Just want people to know that amongst all the bad press that the NHS receives, all of the staff I came across on the wards, physio and theatre teams are highly professional, dedicated and take great pride in their work, nothing was too much trouble for them. They made a total knee replacement operation that much easier for me to cope with and recover from. I have another knee replacement to go through next year and I can safely say it will be a breeze if this experience was anything to go by. Thanks to all involved.