"Clients like me will miss out on vital sources of support"

About: South London And Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health

The mindfulness course you provided us was at the same time as the Lambeth Peer Support group for folk with mental health issues. Run by John.

It doesn't make sense to me that SHARP would put a course on at the same time as when another mental health service provider is offering their main service. Especially when the resources are so tight and you are located next door to each other.

When I raised this with staff, I was told that they run a lot of courses, so I don't feel my concern has been heard.

I want you to talk to "partnering organisations" so you don't have clients like me who will miss out on vital sources of support.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Depend981

Thank you for your comments.

We are currently developing closer partnerships, via link working, with main statutory providers and also being informed via the Hub (mosaic clubhouse) of other events, groups etc taking place in the borough. This will mean that we are more aware of what other services are being provided when we plan groups and also ensure we are not duplicating what we offer.

Due to the number of statutory and non-statutory services across Lambeth it may not always be possible for SHARP to be aware of all provision.

We really value your comments which are really helpful and have very usefully highlighted ways in which we may improve the service offered by SHARP