"problems again with my GP's phone/appointment system"

About: NHS Highland

I telephoned my GP Practice this morning for an appointment although I started calling at 8am I got through at 8. 10 to tell me there was not one appointment for a GP today this happens very often and can take up to half an hour to get through. I find this very inappropriate practice when you phone for an appointment then it says we apologise for the delay and I am in a Queue ( at first I thought I was dialling a call centre ).

In my opinion the practice must look into a proper phone line system when patients can call and also look at a more adequate appointment system when you can get a GP.

I am now feeling frustrated by this that I have had to get a friend to take me to Vale of Leven Hospital to see someone as my Practice is Dr McLeod and Partners and no one could see me!

Response from Maimie Thompson, Head of Public Relations and Engagement, Chief Executive's Office, NHS Highland

Dear Waterloo

You will see that I have responded to your new posting today on the same subject and hope to get back to you later int he week with an update. Once again my apologies.

But I recognise your name from a number of positings now and wanted to thank you for always taking the time to feed-back.

If you would find it useful to go over in more detail some of your obervations. then please do contact me direct on email maimie.thompson@nhs.net

You can contact me direct by email maimie.thompson@nhs.net