"A revolution"

About: East Surrey Hospital

Area around car park tidy (litter picker observed), grass cut. Good first impression. Smile and warm welcome at enquiry desk. Staff welcoming at reception. I had 2 appointments and expected to spend 4 hours at hospital. Thanks to good timekeeping I was only one hour on hospital premises. Friendly staff at Xray dept and Endoscopy unit. Only irritant was TV in waiting area. I came away feeling a revolution had taken place and that staff were highly motivated and well informed and engaged with patients..

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for posting your kind words about East Surrey Hospital. I'm very pleased that you experienced such a wide range of good things about the Trust but I'm sorry you were irritated about the TV in the waiting area. It would be really useful to know which area this was as we still have a couple of areas with simple TV access but we have just started rolling-out our new patient information screens which whilst they show TV news updates are principally designed to show useful and relevant patient information. Given this it would be really useful to know what was irritating so that we can ensure that the new system is not annoying our patients and visitors but is providing them useful information.

If you could let me know by e-mailing ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk that would be very helpful.

regards