"My mother who lives at Washington ..."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

My mother who lives at Washington took ill whilst staying with us.

From arriving at Wansbeck Hospital the care that she received and the kindness shown to us as her family was tremendous. All staff, although very busy kept us fully informed from the outset with regard to our mothers condition.

Unfortunately the only time the general public hear about hospitals and care received is via the press and it is invariably bad press. I have forwarded thank you cards to A&E, medical admissions and ward 9 however I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of our family to ensure that everyone is aware of our gratitude and appreciation to all of the staff at ward 9 including the ladies who deliver the meals and cups to tea along with those who keep the ward scrupulously clean.

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for taking the time to inform Northumbria Healthcare of the recent care your mother received. We are very pleased to learn that your mother had a positive experience and that you found all the staff carried out their work in a caring manner. We will pass on your kind comments to the staff as it’s always encouraging to know their hard work is appreciated, particularly as you mention when there is so much bad press regarding the NHS. We hope your mother is on the road to a full recovery.