"Personal Experience of Yeovil Hospital"

About: Yeovil District Hospital

In early July I was referred to Yeovil Hospital by my local GP . Two weeks later, following an examination, I was told I had bowel cancer. Six weeks after that I had an operation using keyhole surgery to remove the tumour. It was successful. Throughout this somewhat stressful time everyone at the hospital with whom I came in to contact had the same attitude, to be courteous, caring, kind and compassionate. This was particularly the case in Ward 7A where the nurses, so smart, were all so professional. I consider myself to have been very lucky. The cancer was identified early and it was dealt with quickly. I shall always be grateful to the brilliant surgeon and his team. He even found the time to telephone my wife to tell her of the outcome of the operation. I could not have received better treatment in a private hospital. Thank you all of you.

Response from Yeovil District Hospital

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are pleased that you had a good experience during your visit to Yeovil District Hospital. I will pass on your comments to the team ward 7A.