"Psychodynamic psychoanalysis + Anxiety"

The actual reception area and treatment area was clean and the receptionist was helpful and welcoming. I was always treated with care and with the appropriate level of interaction. It has helped me, though at times the sessions were painful and confusing. However, commitment from the Maudsley was there and I am better for it. The reception area after hours was used by the AA and it demonstrates that the hospital is willing to share resources and provide a safe space for people to interact and help each other get better. Full credit deserved. My treatment occurred daily from March 2010 to April 2011.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your experience of using our services and your observations about our facilities.

We are committed to breaking down barriers and changing public perceptions about our services. We support a number of local groups who want to use our facilities for therapeutic purposes and we also open our site facilities to the general public e.g. at Bethlem, football teams, local cycle clubs and dog walkers access the hospital grounds.

I am also glad to hear you have benefited from the care and treatment we provided.

Bill Berry