"Father taken ill on holiday at butlins"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

We arrived on holiday at butlins on 21 October my father took ill on morning of 22nd the paramedics were called and attended within 5 mins and took my dad to Lincoln county were he was taken to surgical assessment unit all the staff and doctors were brilliant in trying to find out my dad's illness it was discovered he would need a operation on the Wednesday and this took place that evening he was moved to greet well ward before the operation where again the stall were lovely unfortunately dad operation faced complications but the top surgeon was called in and my dad survived he was taken onto the ICU again he received brilliant care he just yesterday was moved on to digby ward we not sure how long how will be there but all the staff have been brilliant I forgot to mention we are from Wakefield so each day it is a 160 mile round trip for us and the staff are so understanding of this.

I was on the one hand really sad to read your story but on the other really pleased; sad because your holiday was ruined on day 1 but pleased because your dad and you as a family received such good care. Thank you for feeding back to us - the staff on SEAU and Greetwell will be really pleased to read it too. I hope your dad is now fully recovered - please pass on our best wishes. Thank you again - and I hope you manage a new holiday sometime soon.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital