"Poor Carpark"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Never been here before hope to never go again, getting in to car park was a bit of a nightmare, bit like a maze, then carpark was very badly signed to tell you what you had to do then had to try and remember car reg, after just following someone in an ambulance to A & E, then I found it really really awkward to punch reg into key pad as it was to low and not so easy to do. When leaving it had got very dark and I found it extremely badly signed as to the way out. In my opinion you need better signage clearly stating what you had to do to park and better way out marking on road. I must have wasted 10 minutes on trying to find out what you had to do to park.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir / Madam, Thanks for your note. I'm really sorry that the difficulties you've had with the new car parking system have had such an impact on you. It is not what we'd want for any of our patients. I am very grateful to all who have taken the time share their suggestions on how we can make visits to our hospitals easier. I can assure you that we are listening to every comment that comes through and I know Steven Bannister and his estates team is working hard on a solution to improve where we can. The case you make for better signage in the car park is well made and we are aware we need to do more in this area, particularly, as you say, when it is dark and winter approaches. We are also aware of the limitations of the size and position of the key pad and I understand both of these issues have been fed into the improvement plan. I hope you're feeling a lot better and whatever brought you into hospital has resolved. Thanks again for your thoughts - we look forward to sharing with you very soon all the changes that we will be making in response to the feedback received. With best wishes, Annie Annie Laverty - Director of Patient Experience

Response from Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir / Madam,

With best wishes,