"Emergency Treatment"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I was admitted to A&E yesterday, 30th October suffering from a very fast heartbeat. I could not have had better treatment anywhere. Starting with the lady on reception, through Triage and assessment and finally to Resuss where I was treated by the doctor and a staff nurse. It took a while to sort me out as I needed an infusion so I was in A&E for almost 4 hours. In all that time I was monitored carefully despite the ward being so busy. The doctor explained to me clearly what was happening and what would have to happen regarding future medication etc. I am so glad that the Royal Bolton is my hospital and all I can say is that every effort should be made to keep our A&E. My thanks to all the people I had contact with yesterday who proved to me that good care is possible in the NHS.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

You have raised some interesting points that not everyone is aware of. For instance sometimes people need to be in A and E for a while to have tests or procedures. Also, if there is a delay, patients who need it will be monitored within the department. Thank you for sharing your comments and reminding us all that we can be proud of the NHS and our hospital.