"Chorley Hospital Dental Dept - much deserved..."

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Attended the Dental dept Wednesday pm for removal of 4 teeth...I was full of apprehension due to previous bad experiences with dentists in private practise. What an amazing experience...the staff ( including receptionist) were fantastic and the dental surgeon superb. Removal of my teeth was an amazing experience. Everyone acted in a professional but very friendly manner, lots of smiles, great characters and personality. Excellent Ambassadors for the Chorley Hospital and the NHS...In my opinion other hospital trusts and departments could learn a great deal from the staff when it comes to face to face contact with patients. What makes my comments more relevant is that I am a recently retired Theatre Recovery Staff Nurse, often critical of other depts. etc, but not this one. My only comment and regret is that I can't make this dental dept my regular dental practice...If I could I would be the happiest person in the world and would never have to worry again about attending for dental care. Chief Excecutive of the trust and Matron/Manager of this dept please note my comments and pass on to the dental dept Kindest regards Gordon Turner

Response from Lorraine Kelly, Communications Manager, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital