"Appointment system for podiatry at Arnold"

About: Specialist services / Podiatry

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

The appointment system for Podiatry is utterly unacceptable in its current form. You are told to ring up between 8am and 9:30am on a Monday morning, Unfortunately it is impossible to get through so your only alternative is to call in and ask for an appointment when you are told just to ring Monday mornings. I have had to wait 6 months for this appointment.

I do not understand why I can't book my appointment when I leave.

Response from Duncan Heaney, Head of Service - Podiatry, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. This is totally unacceptable and I am very sorry that you have experienced difficulties making an appointment. You can ring on any day to make an appointment, and are not just confined to Mondays,and I will investigate further as to why you have been told this is the only day you can phone.

We do not forward book appointments to retain flexibility in the schedule.

Should you experience any issues booking an appointment in future please contact the podiatry administration office at Mansfield Community Hospital on 01623 785208 or 01623 785186

Apologies again for any inconveneince caused

Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare We are preparing to make a change

I agree with Duncan's response but would like to add that we are trialing a new appointment system at the moment which we are hoping to roll out further.

I will be discussing your current issues with the health centre manager at Arnold to understand why this message was given out.

Response from Vanessa Briscoe, Divisional General Manager - Specialist Services, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare We have made a change

The appointment system is now up and running