"A&E and MRI"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I attended A & E yesterday evening (5pm-8pm) with my 47 year old partner who was suffering severe abnormal upper back pain . He has a pre-diagnosed congenital cardiac condition for which he is under care of a consultant at London Hospital and is awaiting surgery, but was nonetheless apprehensive and anxious about seeking the need for urgent assessment at qeqm, as he didn't want to "make a fuss" or put pressure on an already overstretched local emergency dept that he has had no cause to seek previously having only moved to the area two years ago. From the moment he arrived at the reception his care was exemplary, despite the unit being very busy. He was treated with courtesy and efficiently by all of the staff, which allayed his fears, with the speed and seamless way in which the necessary investigations and monitoring were carried out (including MRI dept). From the porters, nurses and doctor involved in his care their communication and bedside manner was of a very high standard, and certainly "patient centred" and for that he is very thankful. He wanted to express his thanks and to let you know that for all the external pressures facing the NHS, including adverse media coverage, he could not have asked for better service from all of the staff on duty yesterday. Thank You. Mrs A

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. I am so glad we were able to care for your partner and yourself with kindness and attention to detail. We are very proud of our staff who work really hard and provide a fantastic service. I do hope your partner is recovering well.

Response from Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

Dear Mrs A Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in regards to your husbands care. We will forward your comments to the Accident and Emergency Department which will be shared will all the staff as positive feedback is a very powerful motivational tool. I do hope your husband is recovering.