"Very unprofessional"

About: The Heart Hospital

Arrived early for a 5.30pm appointment for an ECG and an ECHO. Wasn't seen by a technician until nearly 6.30. I was treated by him like a peice of meat. Then was told to wait back in the waiting room and "someone" would see me. I then waited another 30 mins for the Dr. I finally got sick of wasting my evening waiting around to be seen and physically went looking for the Dr I was meant to have my appointment with, only to find him having a social chat with another Dr and a nurse - when I pointed out that I'd been waiting 1.5 hours to see a Dr I was greeted with a blank stare by all 3 and treated as though I'd inconvenienced them by daring to interupt their gossip. The nurse then pointed at the Dr and said "oh that's with you" a reply from him "yes, I'll come and see you shortly". An un-convincing half hearted apology from the Dr I was finally taken into a consultation room. I had my pulse taken and he listened to my heart and was about to send me on my way when I actually had to say "are you not going to look at the results of the tests I've just had??" "oh, yeah. ok then." The most unprofessional service I've ever received at the hands of the NHS. Simply shocking.

Response from The Heart Hospital

I am really sorry to hear about the experience that you received at the Heart Hospital. If you could supply us with more information, I would be more than happy to investigate your comments and we will then ensure that improvements are put in place to ensure that this does not occur again. Thank you for your comments and for bringing to our attention your concerns.