"I feel more confident and empowered."

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Community Rehabilitation

After I had my stroke, the service I received from the stroke team was marvellous. I received practical help to help me re-organise my life. I was given exercises and helped to go swimming and was given useful advice on frozen meals and making life easier. The milestones I achieved were measured so could see my progress. I can now walk further and am becoming more independent. I feel more confident and empowered. The staff were friendly and helpful and I felt that I could ask them anything. I only hope that other areas have this service as I feel it is a major part of stroke recovery.

Response from Nigel Grimshaw, Customer Engagement Manager, Intergrated Adults, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am pleased that you have been happy with the service provided to you by the Stroke Early Supported Discharge Team. The team are committed to doing all they can to offer the support, advice and therapy which is needed after stroke. The team and I wish you all the best for your ongoing recovery.