"Visitors from Abroad"

About: Alnwick Infirmary

During our recent sojourn in Norrthumberland it was necessary for my partner to seek a blood test in order to regulate his medication. Because it wasn't possible to attend the weekly warfarin clinic it was dealt with 'on the spot' and we cannot speak highly enough of each member of staff that we encountered from main reception through to the minor injuries department. Our heartfelt thanks for the outstanding attention and friendliness experienced in Alnwick Infirmary. It is extremely sad that one only hears about the failings of the NHS and that good experiences are never newsworthy. Thank you

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir / Madam,

Best Wishes,

Annie

Response from Alnwick Infirmary

Dear Sir / Madam, I was sorry to hear your short stay in Northumberland involved a trip to hospital but pleased nonetheless to read about the excellent care that your partner received from the staff in the minor injuries unit. It is so kind of you to take the time to share your very positive story of our care.We are naturally proud of all our teams who work very hard to ensure that patients receive care of the highest quality delivered in a caring and compassionate way. The Alnwick crew will be delighted to know that they got this exactly right for you. One of our very happy patients asked us the other day to keep our great care a secret - she said if we told folk everyone would want to come here. I feel a bit the same about the beauty of the Northumberland hills. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that the secret of Northumberland and the care you received here is safe with you. Best Wishes, Annie