"Mixed experiences of mental health services"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult community mental health Specialist mental health services / Support time and recovery services

In my experience of the staff I met, I found the Somerset Recovery Team in Taunton anything but helpful: no compassion, unhelpful and unwilling, and bad staff attitudes surrounding sensitive issues and confidentiality doesn't exist.

A totally bad experience, making my situation worse than ever. Management needs looking into.

I only want to get better, get out of bed in the morning, asking for help is hard when you feel so bad. They had a Team meeting and made me an appointment with the employment specialist. But I felt they are totally out of touch.

The Crisis Team are life savers at the moment, they have a good Management Team running them and I could not of managed without them. : )

Response from Karen Howard-Grenville, PALS, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir/madam

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience of community mental health services in the Taunton area. This Trust is always pleased to recieve comments from people who access our services, whether they are positive, or not so much so.

I will be pleased to pass on your comments to the teams involved with your care, however, I will not be able to investigate your concerns in detail without some personal information, such as your name, address and contact number. Should you wish the PALS service to take this further, please contact PALS on 01278 432022, write to the PALS Service, 2nd Floor, Mallard Court, Express Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater. TA6 4RN, or email us on pals@sompar.nhs.uk