"Great Service"

About: East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Out of Hours GP Healthcare Service

I have been up in Norwich for a 9 day training course, staying at a local hotel. The course cost a lot of money so was very important I attended all days. On day 1 I started to feel a bit under the weather, felt like a cold coming. By day 4 it was a full blown chest infection and I was unsure how to get any treatment so I could continue my training.

After a sleepless night I looked up a number for a local GP on the internet and with it being 6am I just decided to call the number to see what time they opened.

To my surprise the call was answered straight away by an out of hours service. I spent 5 mins explaining my situation, being away from home and unsure of where to seek treatment etc.

The man then took me through some medical questions for a quick triage over the phone and then arranged an appointment with a GP at the local hospital in 30 minutes time.

I was seen by the GP and given antibiotics for the chest infection and back at my hotel in time for breakfast at 07: 15.

I felt a bit rough for that day but the medication has started to take effect and I have fully expect to finish this training course fit and well.

In my opinion this service was above and beyond what I expected, the guy on the phone, I wish I could thank him personally and whoever is in charge of this system in Norwich a big thank you to you too.

I hope senior management get to read my comments as I am 100% satisfied with the care I received.

Response from East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind comments about the Call Handler who took your call to the Out of Hours Service. I would like to pass your comments on to the Call Handler involved and I would be grateful if you could contact me by emailing eoeasnt.complaints@nhs.net to advise me of the date you called the Service. Alternatively you can call with this information on 0800 028 3382.

I hope you have now recovered from your chest infection.

Kind regards,