"Care on SAU"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

My father was admitted as an emergency via The Princess Royal Hospital, to the SAU. Unfortunately nothing could be done to help him and he passed away 5 days later. The care he received on the SAU was exemplary, all the staff from the volunteers to the doctors treated him with kindness and respect. The nursing care he received was excellent, I have heard so much about the poor standards of nursing care within the NHS, but it certainly wasn't the case for my father. My family cannot thank the staff enough for their professionalism and care.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

We are incredibly grateful to you for going out of your way to provide feedback about your father's care on SAU at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. It is very touching that at such a difficult time you have taken the trouble to let us know about the exemplary care and professionalism you experienced on the ward. One of our directors will take this to the ward to share your kind words, which we have written onto one of our comment cards (http://twitter.com/sathRSH/status/394830423471456256)