"Excellent Emergency Care"

I have a complex medical history and needed two teethe extracted on an emergency basis. My dentist advised me to go to the Birmingham Dental Hospital at five o'clock and stated that I had to have the work done the following day. At this point it was too late for her to do a referral which would have enabled me to have an appointment, so I had to attend A&E. Having read the reviews, I decided to take the advice about arriving early and got to the hospital at 06.00 in the morning. When I got there I was number four in the queue. Everyone I came into contact with was kind, courteous and respectful. Most importantly from my point of view, everywhere was clean. I had a complicated extraction which took a long time, but I have had experience of extractions in two other settings and have never been treated so well and as with much care as I was at Birmingham Dental Hospital. The students undertaking the work were very meticulous and when it became obvious that they need advice, the consultants were at hand both to advise and actually take an active part in my treatment. I highly recommend the A&E department, but if you need to be seen there do get into the queue early as everyone else has advised.

Response from Birmingham Dental Hospital

Thank you for your feedback which has been shared with the staff and students of Primary Care Service (the walk-in service) of Birmingham Dental Hospital. I am pleased to read that the staff were able to help you with an emergency extraction and were kind, courteous and respectful towards you throughout your visit.