"follow up from ablation on 10/08/2012"

About: Papworth Hospital

well,its been a year and a bit now,and the ablation I had for paroxsysmal atrial fibrillation and flutter has been completely cured first time! I have a new lease of life,i am 70% as fit as I was beforew having it done,but no longer cycle race as I just could not get to that level of fitness at my age again (53) but can run a couple of miles,cycle 40 miles and do any gym class and activity as before,in other words im fitter that the average guy! I owe all this to the consultant,and his fantastic team,ok...its no bed of roses having an ablation,but without it I would have had a life on anti arythmic drugs,which I just did not want! if you are worrying about having an ablation please don't,as it really works.it does take a year to recover to ultimate fitness,but its well well worth it, I owe them everything...many thanks.

Response from Papworth Hospital

We are delighted to hear that a year on from your treatment you are doing so well and feel that you have a new lease of life. It is also wonderful to hear about your level of fitness following your ablation. Thank you for your kind words regarding the care you received here at Papworth Hospital.