"31 Days and Counting...."

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I fell of a roof in Corby while working in May and messed up my left side ankle and foot quite badly. Woke up in City Hospital with rather a lot of metalwork on my left footBecause of the large blisters I had to wait nearly 3 more weeks for further corrective surgery. I also had some pins in my left hand. Overall not a pleasant experience but I received excellent care throughout. I was fortunate to have a private room for half that time as well. There was rather a lot of waiting around (of course) but trying to work out what all that would have cost makes me sweat, and if you did pay it wouldn't be twice as good. Probably not even 10% better. OK the food is not special but overall id give it better than 8/10 which if you got in an exam you"d think pretty good wouldn't you. Most of us should expect the same

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive comments and I hope that you are continuing to improve.

Your comments will be shared with all of our Ward Managers who I am sure will pick up on the points you have raised regarding being kept waiting. Sadly there are times when patients do have to wait for tests etc but the staff on the ward should advise patients of the reasons behind any delays and we will be reminding ward managers to do this.

In respect of food I will ensure your comment is passed through to Medirest who are our catering provider. Once again thank you for taking the time to feedback to us and I hope your are now feeling better.