"Tameside Hospitals attention to the individual was excellent!"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Given the option of three hospitals including one private hospital I opted for Tameside Hospital for a total hip replacement. This raised a few eyebrows considering its bad publicity in the local press on patient care. However I did not alter my decision.

From my initial consultations, x-rays, c t scan and pre med the advice and information provided was 100% and allayed any initial fears. I was booked into the elective unit for the operation.

From the moment I arrived I was treated with dignity, with care no matter what the time of day or night, The advise and all the fears you have prior to an operation were allayed.

Everyone envolved gave that personal attention to the patient both pre op and post op that an individual expects. Whilst certain staff members do not get the praise or recognition they deserve. I would confirm that on the elective unit from the ward cleaner, the volunteers, the nurses, theatre staff to the surgeons who carried out the operation, their attention to the individual was excellent.

Response from Lindsay Stewart, Deputy Director of Nursing, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you taking the time to share your positive experience. We are working hard to get this for ALL our patients. Thank you for choosing our hospital

Kind regards,

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

‘’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at

john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk