"Extremely satisfied patient"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Consultant Surgeon is a miracle worker. I had major bowel surgery on 25.3.13, and returned to Ward 6 on 18.10.13 for a reversal of an ileostomy. The genuine care and concern received throughout my treatment was beyond my expectations. I was treat with such wonderful friendly professionalism and dignity from each and everyone of the staff who went about their duties with such enthusiasm. In fact I was given such a warm welcome when I returned the second time for surgery I felt like a VIP patient ! What more can I say than congratulations to my Consultant Surgeon and his tremendous team. Well done Ward 6. You all have certainly deserved the prestigious award you received this year. Thank you so very much

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ted,

Many thanks for this fantastic endorsement of the care you received on ward 6 - you will understand why the team are so proud of their " Clinical team of the year " award.

I'm delighted that this high quality service was consistent for you on each occasion. We want all our patients to know they are important to us. It was lovely to know that the relationship you had already established with the team contributed to their very warm welcome on your return this month - I can understand just how much this meant to you. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words.

Wishing you all the best as you continue to recover at home,